Head of Bid Finance
Edward Mann are exclusively recruiting for a Head of Bid Finance on behalf of a leading transport infrastructure group based in Central London.
Our client is looking for a Head of Bid Finance to oversee the bid finance processes as appropriate to each project - including bids, acquisitions, and mobilisations tender.
This post will manage a team of 3 Bid Finance Analysts & provide specialist financial support, assessment, and analysis for the development of bids and tenders in the UK and Ireland.
- Influence and critically challenge the financial and related non-financial bid strategies and initiatives to ensure the competitiveness and deliverability of the submitted offer.
- Oversee the construction of the unified modelling suite, setting and enforcing timetables for financial model preparation and outputs.
- Ensure financial bid models accurately reflect agreed financial assumptions and units.
- Support bid teams to achieve financial deadlines.
- Prepare proposals for submission to Group and Joint Venture investment committees.
- Explanation of bid financial assumptions to Group / shareholder management including identification and management of bid financial risks.
- Assist with the structuring and negotiation of financial support, including loans and bonds.
- Support the development of insurances and pension arrangements.
- Agreement of cost budgets and assurance that actuals are within budget.
- Provide knowledge and expertise in bidding and M&A activities, as well as in the mobilisation of operations.
- Liaison with external financial consultants, proactively adopting examples of relevant best practice techniques.
- Supporting continued development of financial processes and tools to be shared across international Group platforms.
- Lead and develop a team of 3 Finance Analysts.
- Qualified accountant, although those not qualified but with relevant experience will also be considered
- Financial or accounting background.
- Practical experience of working in a pressured M&A, or bid environment.
- Some knowledge of the UK transport franchising process is desirable.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to quickly perceive the wider implications of strategies and to successfully influence the decision-making process.
- Approachable and determined attitude to the execution of the role. Team player with ability to inspire others.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less