Press Officer/PR (Experience essential)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced press officer to promote a well known social enterprise and build its profile in the media.
You will be the first port of call for journalists covering stories affecting this environment and sector
This is an excellent opportunity for a press officer with around 3-5 yearsexperience working in a PR environment to join a business doing exciting and innovative work in its sector.
This is a permanent role working in a fast growth business with a great culture, desirable company benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will use their strong news sense and excellent writing skills to secure positive coverage for the organisation across both national and regional media.
You will be responsible for setting up and day to day running of the Press office, handling media enquiries, developing social media, drafting press releases and securing positive coverage.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Set up and manage the Press Office
- Responsibility for handling trade, local and national media enquiries
- Building positive relationships with journalists covering the sector, from specialist correspondents to general news reporters
- Issues Management
- Act as a focal point for best practice and case studies within the network of local offices
- Achieve media coverage that is in line with corporate messages and strategy
- Maximising brand presence and coverage at corporate and external events
- Attend networking events to research new media opportunities
- Messages and positioning
- Media monitoring and reporting
Ideal candidate will display:
- 3-5 years PR experience either working in an in-house or agency environment
- Excellent understanding of UK media
- Experience in developing a successful PR campaign from beginning to end
- Track record of proactively securing coverage in consumer and trade media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work quickly to produce high quality outputs to fixed deliverable timelines under time pressure
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong writing skills
- Good general understanding of the media environment across business/consumer and mobile trade press
- To act as a strong ambassador for the company