Driver Technician (Maintenance NHS)
Our Client are a market leading and award winning manufacturer, distributor and service provider of daily living aids and rehabilitation equipment. The company delivers services on behalf of NHS trusts and local authorities across the UK with an annual turnover in excess of £140 million.
We are looking for individuals who want to be part of a team that care and take pride in delivering exceptional customer service to our clients in the community.
Service & Maintenance Engineer duties include but not limited to:
- Maintenance and repairs of Ceiling Tracks, Assisted Baths and stair lifts
- Driving safely and efficiently to undertake required activities
- Communication of any perceived safeguarding issues with clients back to the service centre
- Loading/checking the correct equipment on to a dedicated vehicle.
- Delivery and collection of the correct equipment to service users
- Understanding and demonstrating the correct functionality and safe installation of items or repair and replace and damaged or faulty stock item
- Appropriate use of IT, including company scanners in accordance with company processes
- Appropriate processing of all paperwork.
- Vehicle maintenance, including safety checks
- Correct PPE and compliance to infection control processes
- On-Call on a rota basis with an enhanced allowance during this period
- Ceiling Track Installation with a desirable skill of electrical install
Service & Maintenance Engineer Keys Skills and competencies include:
- Clean driving licence and Demonstrably safe driving
- A background in either mobility equipment, stair lift, Through floor lifts experience or lift engineer background is preferable.
- Empathy and Resilience in what can be quite challenging situations
- Good written, verbal communications and IT literate
- Physically capable due to the nature of the work as involve lifting heavy items
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated, able to work alone whilst also being a Good team player
- Practical skills required for installation
- Being able to take written and verbal instruction.
- Education to NVQ level 3 in engineering or equivalent or appropriate experience in a similar role
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- 33 days annual holiday inclusive of bank holidays(rising 1 day per year after 3 years to a maximum of 38 days)
- Use of a company van to and from work and a Work Mobile Phone
- Comprehensive sick pay scheme, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Exclusive employee discounts, savings and competitions
- Bike to work scheme & Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Free Parking
- Employee Assistance programme
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Permanent Service and Maintenance Engineer role and are looking for a new challenge but one with a difference, then please send a cv and covering letter explaining why you should be considered for the position.
Salary: up to £26,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week