Non-Executive Director Audit Committee Chair
Working with a leading insurance business with a key appointment to the Board of Directors of a Non-Executive Director (Audit Committee Chair). Meetings will be held in either central London (close to Cannon Street) or Sevenoaks in Kent.
You will assist the Board in satisfying their responsibility to maintain an effective audit function, including but not limited to the oversight of the following:
- compliance with relevant internal and external audit requirements
- performance of the internal audit activities in accordance with the Internal Audit Policy
- external auditors' qualifications, independence, objectivity and effectiveness of performance
- the appointment of external statutory auditors to supply non-audit services as required from time to time
- Be qualified Accountant with a proven track record at board level within the insurance sector, ideally with previous experience of working on an audit committee
- With good knowledge of Corporate Governance, you will be accustomed to a high level of accountability
- Have a strategic, pragmatic and collaborative style and strong stakeholder management skills
- Have the capacity to attend quarterly formal Audit Committee and Board meetings per year equating to approximately 8 days per year plus time for information gathering and reading through documentation
An outline of the role and duties will be available for all shortlisted candidates.
Please contact David Waddell at Harvey John to discuss this opportunity further.Harvey John Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.