CATERING CATEGORY BUYER- £34,000-£38,000 + Benefits + Career Progression
High Profile Global Business Leicester, East Midlands
Catering Category Buyer working within a fast paced Procurement team within a global business, managing an extensive product portfolio, supporting a major customer channel.
(Procurement of Catering Consumables experience required)
As a Catering Category Buyer you will be responsible for -
- Procurement process end to end and the management of key vendors
- Sourcing products and negotiating spend, translating the departmental procurement process into effective buying solutions.
- Optimizing procurement processes such as tenders, buying alliances, direct sourcing, e-sourcing/e-auctions and commodity sourcing.
- Assist the delivery of growth, profitability in line with customer needs, showing a strong awareness of LCC sourcing including Near East, Far East and Emerging Markets.
We are specifically looking for Category Buyer or a Procurement professional that have procured catering consumables, for example crockery, glassware, cutlery and paper based catering products.
As a team, the Catering Category Buyers are heavily customer focused and you will contribute -
- Sourcing, co-ordinating and delivering the total introduction process of new products in alignment with customer requirements.
- Undertake full product life cycle management of any bespoke customer specific products, identifying and recommending potential vendors.
- Manage negotiation strategies with vendors including price, rebates, quality and delivery conditions for products in your assigned procurement category portfolio.
It is expected that successful candidates will have the following:
· Proven experience of working within a similar Catering category buyer / procurement specialist / sourcing specialist role with 2 - 4 years’ experience at this level.
· Experience of buying / sourcing catering consumables as described above.
· Experience of sourcing new products and finding new suppliers from scratch.
· Ability to qualify suppliers and negotiate prices and contract terms.
· Bilingual - European languages, not a necessity.
In return, joining this team will offer you a real challenge and excellent working culture with the opportunity to progress long term within a global business. A salary of £34,000-£38,000, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, contributory pension, healthcare, free parking and long term career progression.