Digital Marketing Executive
The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for the daily maintenance of our clients website and support the execution of email marketing campaigns with support from the Marketing Content Specialist.
The role involves daily website updates and new landing pages in line with marketing communications, ensuring new content is developed and current content enhanced, and responsibility for ensuring the e-commerce facility is functioning correctly.
The post holder will be expected to write SEO copy, develop specific new areas, and ensure that corporate identity and imagery are rigorously maintained.
The post holder will also be expected to manage incoming leads, validating and distributing to the sales team, using CRM - to support the growth of the business.
· Create and upload copy and images for website, using content management system (CMS).
· Maintain (and where necessary continue to develop) the quality and consistency elements of web writing, navigation and visual treatment - ensuring accuracy, maintenance of house style and editorial policy.
· Assist with the execution of digital marketing campaigns
· Track and analyse website traffic flow and provide regular internal reports
· Conduct keyword research and web statistics reporting
· Attain key performance indicators such as reducing the website bounce rate, increasing dwell time or improving conversion
· Continually work on the Search Engine Optimization of the website.
· Fix any errors or bugs in online content
· Create online banner adverts and oversee pay per click (PPC) ad management
· Work on printed material to supplement online products
· Support the Marketing Content Specialist with the execution of email campaigns
· Using CRM or purchased data, create distribution lists for email communications or direct mail, ensuring compliance with data protection requirements
· Assist with validating and accurately recording incoming leads/opportunities using CRM, assigning follow-ups for the sales team in a timely, efficient manner
· Research and recommend new online media opportunities that may benefit the business
· Design website banners and assist with web visuals
· Contribute to social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns
· Use web analytics software to monitor the performance of website and make recommendations for improvement
· Assist with online lead enquiry capture - and assigning to sales team
· Assist with paid media - including liaising with external agencies and suppliers
· Assist with web development - including liaising with external web development agency
· Work closely with the Marketing Content Specialist and contribute to blogs and articles, infographics etc.
· Support the assistant marketing manager by helping to provide evaluative data using google analytics and other software as required.
· Regularly undertake work to deliver search engine optimisation via links, good content writing and good usability.
· Maintain corporate identity of all site areas.
· Duties which include processing of any personal data must be undertaken within data protection guidelines.
An undergraduate degree in marketing (or a professional marketing qualification)
Experience of between one and three years in digital communications and marketing. Experience or a qualification in graphic design an advantage.
Website/Email content and technical skills:
You will a sound knowledge/practical understanding of:
· SEO and techniques to enhance organic search engine rankings.
· Web content management systems.
· Web structures and clear navigation for websites with e-commerce functionality.
· Web design principles, technologies, techniques and quality graphic design.
· Web administration and maintenance.
· Experience using CRM systems.
· Building and executing emails using industry standard software packages Accessibility guidelines and writing accessible content.
· Photo editing applications such as Adobe Photoshop and fireworks.
· Creative Suite an advantage.
Editing and writing skills:
· Devise and edit content for various digital platforms.
· Experience in crafting creative content for web delivery.
· Excellent copywriting skills for all digital platforms.
· Creating Powerpoint / Prezi presentations.
· Good proofreading skills with precise attention to detail.
Proficient handling time-sensitive projects and working to deadlines
Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
Understanding of the sales and marketing environments and commercial activity.
Awareness of legal requirements - e.g. copyright and data protection.
Ability to work to deadlines, work on own initiative and have strong time management and organisational skills.