Service Team Manager
We are looking for a Service Team Manager (Service Advisor) to ensure the efficient operation of a small workshop team, to meet and exceed customer expectations and maximise workshop profitability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the supervision of a workshop team and dealing on a day-to-day basis with customers subject to the guidelines established by the Company unless sanctioned by the Service Manager or a Director of the Company.
1. To properly supervise the workshop team and to develop and train subordinates to achieve the highest possible levels of performance
2. To monitor workshop loading and ensure continuity.
3. To liaise effectively with the Customer Appointments Controller and Parts Department.
4. To receive customers and their vehicles in a friendly and professional manner, discuss and confirm their requirements and take responsibility for the vehicle during its time at the Retailer.
5. To hand over and receive back and complete a vehicle appraisal form on any loan vehicle according to the published procedure.
6. To supervise the flow of work for their team into the workshop, allocating work as required and maximising the use of available resources.
7. To ensure that collection and delivery drivers operate to schedule and meet customer and workshop expectations.
8. To ensure that repair orders are raised and processed according to the established guidelines and that work is completed to schedule.
9. To ensure that requested work is completed on time and to the expected standards.
10. To ensure all customers vehicles are washed and vacuumed.
11. To ensure that invoicing is accurate and completed on time.
12. To ensure that job extensions are properly authorised and processed.
13. To keep customers fully and regularly informed of changes to costs and expected completion times/dates.
14. To ensure that vehicles are properly handed over to customers, including invoice explanation and advising future requirements.
15. To take responsibility for sub contracted repairs and ensure the quality of such.
16. Ensure that proper use is made of technical information and that it is maintained up to date.
17. To ensure that the authorisation of warranty and goodwill is given strictly in accordance with the manufacturers programme.
18. To ensure all relevant warranty parts are cleaned, drained and returned to the Parts Dept.