Assistant Commercial & Pricing Manager Loans
Assistant Commercial & Pricing Manager
£25,000 - £35,000 plus benefits (dependent on experience)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Commercial & Pricing Manager to join a leading financial services business in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will join an established business and hold responsibility for supporting the day-to-day agenda for Loans trading. This is a commercial and analytical role and will contribute to the achievement of business goals by optimising value creation across channels with specific focus on pricing and profitability.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Commercial and Pricing strategy in line with overall strategy
- Supporting the delivery of the P&L and delivery of Sales, Retention, Income, Cost & Contribution lines
- Delivering customer and profitability insight at cohort level, on the front book. Helping identify areas of opportunity where we underperform and work with key stakeholders to build a plan to remedy
- Assisting with the effective oversight of an inventive, differentiated, cost effective Marketing & PR strategy / execution for loans by building effective relationship with Marketing & PR stakeholders
- Playing an active role in the interlock for Loans with all Stakeholders (Monthly, Quarterly & Reforecast), ensuring appropriate support is in place to deliver the plan & business objectives
- Providing day to day management of all Loans pricing models (front book)
- Delivering details of competitor intelligence and translating into commercial advantage that drives improvements in business performance and profitability
- Producing daily, weekly and monthly trading MI to support the entire Loans business
- Developing, recommending, presenting & seeking approval for compelling Commercial & Pricing Initiatives.
The successful candidate will possess excellent analytical and numerical skills and have experience of working in a financial services environment.
Desirable experience includes;
- A degree education. Ideally a mathematical, statistics, engineering or scientific degree at minimum level 2:1 or relevant professional qualification (preferred)
- Commercial acumen, with strong financial & return / value creation understanding
- A proven track record of working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider team
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to prioritise multiple pressing priorities and work effectively under pressure
- An innovative, creative approach to problem solving
- Customer focus, with an ability to understand customer need and build compelling & profitable customer propositions
- Exceptional relationship management skills with an ability to challenge and drive high performance from stakeholders
- SAS and/or SQL experience (preferred)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking business during an exciting period of change.
Please apply below to register your interest, alternatively please feel free to contact Dan Galstaun on to discuss in confidence