SENIOR TEST AUTOMATION SOFTWARE & APPLICATIONS ENGINEER
Due to their progressive growth, our client, a global leader in powertrain design, test and manufacture, has an opportunity for a Senior Test Automation Software and Applications Engineer to join their Northampton site. You will be working with tier 1 clients such as Bentley, Audi, JLR and BMW, in an organisation that will support you in pushing your career to the next level, whilst not compromising the work life balance, which is reflected in their unrivalled benefits package.
Some of the duties involved in this role are:
- Liaise with internal customers to understand their requirements and then provide appropriate software set-ups for the data acquisition and control systems. This will include the production of test scripts for automated testing. It will also include the production of standalone software utilities to aid the day to day testing activities.
- Investigate, support and resolve software related issues using in house tools or by working with external suppliers.
- Produce robust, reliable, efficient and reusable modular code and scripts.
- Continually optimise and improve the software on the test systems with the aim of producing the most efficient and feature filled testing possible.
- Support the specification, installation and commissioning of new equipment.
The ideal candidate for this position will ideally have experience with:
- Understanding of PID tuning, and basic control engineering principals
- Experience of equipment commissioning processes
- Experienced coder familiar with the importance of modular code, debugging, excellent annotation, efficient coding for quick operation of programs and error management.
- Proficient and experienced at coding in VB, C# etc. for native applications as well as websites. Proficiency and experience with other languages would also be beneficial.
- Excellent route cause analysis skills & good technical thinker, preferably with experience with electrical and mechanical systems in drivetrain test environment.
- Experience in managing software improvement projects, influencing others and driving change
- Good network & server understanding with architecture design ability.
- Good working knowledge of general engine mechanical and electrical operation is required to allow identification of incorrect engine test data.
- Self-motivated, independent, conscientious, well organised, methodical, professional and logical.
- Good understanding of design of experiment methodologies
- Good understanding of instrumentation equipment to support investigation of installations
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join an industry leading organisation, whilst being able to develop, integrate, automate and maintain the data acquisition and control systems in the Build and Test department. Provide a fully automated testing solution that provides reliable accurate data which is stored and backed up securely. Resolving software/control related problems, producing tailored applications to facilitate automated unmanned running and standardisation of the user interface and software platform and processes. Taking the lead on technical improvement projects across the site providing best practice software / test set-up related advice to others.