Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged by a leading retailer to recruit a Print Buyer. The successful candidate will be reporting to a Senior Print Buyer within Print Purchasing. The Print Purchasing Team are responsible for the sourcing, costing, negotiation, ordering and production of all company brands printed graphic and marketing material requirements using a variety of print and delivery processes.
* Raise job bag for allocated job and digest key information.
* Using print knowledge, review and identity cost effective method of printing/finishing and distribution, maximising value for money, whilst maintaining quality, timings and service levels.
* Produce accurate print specifications, select appropriate suppliers and request quotes.
* Review submitted costs, identify discrepancies, potential cost savings and negotiation opportunities.
* Present costs for line manager sign-off (value dependent), prior to submitting to brand.
* Upon brand's cost approval, complete p/o request administration.
* On notification of p/o authorisation, arrange artwork supply, confirm order and agree final timings with selected supplier.
* Project manage multiple jobs at various production stages with brands and suppliers, including proof approvals and distribution/installation admin
* Request and quality check files of finished job, prior to closing down job bag.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of digital, litho and screen print production processes
* Previous print buying experience preferable.
* Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in communicating and negotiating with others.
* Enthusiastic, professional and flexible attitude.
* Team player who is able to prioritise schedules and manage own workload, highlighting any issues or concerns in a timely manner.