A unique company based near Bicester is looking to bring in an experienced Finance Manager to manage a team of two transactional clerks and complete the monthly reporting process.
This business has a unique offering and can genuinely say they are the first of their kind in the UK. They own their own site and have extensive operations not just here in Oxfordshire but also in other areas all over the UK. The business is in growth mode and currently they are at capacity with orders and subscriptions.
Due to their location on the edge of Bicester, having your own transport is essential.
You will report directly into the Group FD who is based down in London and on a day to day basis you will have sole responsibility for the running of the Oxfordshire site.
The main areas of technical accounting for the Finance Manager are:
- Ongoing implementation of financial processes and controls across the whole site.
- Preparing weekly reporting including variance analysis (actuals, forecast and budget) and associated commentary for the site.
- Reconciling reported margins against budget (food & beverage margins) and investigating any anomalies.
- Production of monthly management accounts, with variance analysis vs budget.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations for key areas of stock, prepayments and accruals.
- Managing and developing 2 director reports - Purchasing Co-Ordinator and Banking Manager.
- Carrying out sales reconciliation between POS and Sage monthly
- Intercompany recharges
- Keeping track of overhead spend at site vs. budget
- Supporting on-site banking managers with daily banking.
- Review of banking reconciliations
- Monitoring and following up on site debtors.
- Monitoring and control of stock requisitioning across the site through supervision of Purchasing Co-ordinator and ensuring processes and controls are being adhered to in the on-site warehouse.
- Assist in the production of annual budget.
- Provide day to day financial support for managers on site.
Ideally you will be working in the hospitality/leisure/catering/multi site environment and be actively studying towards your qualifications. However, equivalent experience will be considered.
The Finance Manager will have:
Actively growing business