Albior are working with an exciting growing company that is going through a new phase of growth. The opportunity has arisen for an experienced Payroll Officer to join our client based in Southampton
Key Responsibilities of Payroll Officer will include:
* Perform daily payroll department operations
* Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
* Manage the benefits for the organisation, medical insurance, pension, Childcare vouchers, CSA, attachment of earnings
* Ensuring pension regulations / legislation is adhered to
* Weekly validation of driver timesheets
* Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
* Processing P11Ds, P60s, P35s
* Ensure compliance in line with the HMRC codes / regulations / SOPs
* Meet payroll deadlines
* Process accurate and timely year-end reporting
* Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
* Update and ensure systems are up to date at all times
* Continuously improve processes and procedures
* Ensure accuracy and minimise payroll queries
* Providing cover for other employees during periods of absence
* Provide first class administration and payroll service
* Ensure filing is up to date at all times
* Develop colleagues as and when required
* Maintain high standards of good housekeeping.
* Maintain health and safety standards.
The ideal Payroll Officer will possess the following attributes/skills
* Payroll qualification - CIPP preferred but not required.
* 4 years' experience processing payroll.
* Managing sickness and holiday payments.
* Knowledge of UK tax and NI legislation.
* Working knowledge of auto-enrolment / NEST pension scheme.
* A 'can do' and professional attitude.
* Excellent customer service, providing sound / up to date advice and support
* Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
* Strong knowledge of HMRC and legal regulations associated with payroll activities.
* Working knowledge of SAGE 50 payroll.
* Strong work ethic and team player.
* Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
* Organisational, multi-tasking, and prioritising skills.
* Project management of implementation of new systems
* Proactive, innovative and creative approach towards problem-solving.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Payroll Officer to join an exciting company with a strong benefit package.
If you are interested in the role of Insert job title please do not hesitate to apply today. For further information about this role please contact the Chris Anders directly on or email visit www.albior.com.