Finance Manager, Maternity Cover
Canteen is committed to providing honest food that is nationally sourced, skilfully prepared and reasonably priced. We believe in good provenance.
We have a very friendly, welcoming office with good company culture and benefits (pension, healthcare, personal trainer gym sessions for the team, food/drink discounts).
You will be responsible for the management of the full finance function for 4 different limited companies.
The role is essential in helping us deliver the group’s growth plan by providing accurate and timely information.
This role will work closely with the directors and operations team to ensure that targets are delivered and costs closely controlled.
- Monitoring against key KPI’s including labour targets, food targets and sales performance.
- Cash-flow management
- Production of periodic financial reports for each company
- Preparation of month end Management Accounts packs with commentaries
- Specific analysis of key figures including sales, food %, labour targets, with commentary and recommendations where relevant.
- Preparation of full year budget and forecasts
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations at month-end
- Checking and approving fortnightly and monthly payroll, including troncmaster services
- Preparing quarterly finance overview for investors
- Other ad hoc reporting
- Ensuring that invoices are entered and approved by the appropriate manager prior to payment.
- Ensuring that suppliers are paid on time, signing off cheques and creating online payments.
- Managing spend requests from HQ and operations on a day to day basis.
- Ensuring that rates, service charges, rents, turnover rents and rent free are calculated and accounted for correctly.
- Report turnover figures to auditors and landlords as required.
- Reviewing areas for cost improvement.
Cash, tax, audit and administration
- Managing all aspects of company tax compliance including VAT returns, PAYE, all income tax returns (P60, P35, P11D etc) and corporation tax payments.
- Dealing with HMRC, insurers and auditors
- Managing day to day relationship with bank
- Management of cash and bank reconciliations
- Companies House reporting
- Manage other statutory compliance.
- EIS reporting
- Overseeing, training and development of 2 finance assistants
- Responsible for all statutory and corporate compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for Job
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Immediately available
- Significant commercial experience gained as a Financial Controller
- SAGE 200 and SAGE Payroll experience necessary
- Experience with start ups
- The holder will have good analytical skills driven by the effective use of Excel
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build good relationships
- Ability to cope well with the demands of a rapidly growing company
- Excellent eye for detail and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Proactive and able to show initiative to constantly improve finance processes