CATERING MANAGER - LEISURE AND HOSPITALITY VENUE
Catering Manager - Leisure and Hospitality Venue - Job Summary
Outstanding opportunity for a Catering Manager to support the General Manager in overseeing operations which consist of: Conference and Banqueting with £2mil turnover and Hospitality with £2.5mil turnover and retail at £4.5mil across 12 fixed outlets and additional pop ups. This is an exceptional role which will offer brilliant career opportunities for a strong leader with a real 'can do’ attitude.
Our client is a global catering organisation who has a robust business model and is not affected by economic downturns. They have a varied and diverse service offering and also offer excellent progression throughout the organisation. They recognise that people are fundamental to their success and offer award winning training and development..
Catering Manager - Leisure and Hospitality Venue - Role Responsibility
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Catering Manager in a large multi faceted contract, including hospitality and retail. The successful candidate will have excellent people management skills and a real eye for detail and will be used to dealing with events that have high volumes of people attending. Hospitality will be the main focus with conference and events whilst being heavily focused on staffing and planning as on certain days they have 350 on site. You will develop, lead and manage a motivated team with the appropriate skills to deliver a profitable catering operation whilst being fully accountable for excelling in areas of operational excellence, financial performance and customer/client satisfaction.
Catering Manager - Leisure and Hospitality Venue - The Ideal Candidate
As Catering Manager you must have:
- A 'can do’ positive, driven attitude
- Have a standards and quality driven management style with excellent communication skills
- Experience in management of a complex mix of stakeholders
- A variation of operational and training experience
- A least 2 years experience in a hospitality environment
- Structured and approachable people management skills
- Understanding of working to a P&L
- Respond to the pace of the business in terms of speed of work and productivity
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the retail and beverage industry
Detail2Leisure is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Leisure & Hospitality Organisations.