Principle Structural Engineer
Principle Structural Engineer
Up too £45,000
Are you a driven and motivated Principle Structural Engineer who takes pride in motivating and developing teams? Are you looking for a role where you will play a key part in continued growth? Do you have a positive influence on people?
Our leading National construction client has an exciting position for a proven Principle Structural Engineer to join a very successful team in Manchester.
- Leading brand - consistent growth and market dominance
- Excellent working environment with driven and motivated workforce
- Extensive and structured training program
- Competitive package - Up to £45,000
- Excellent benefits and incentives
- Company Car or 10% Car Allowance
- Free onsite parking
Your duties will be:
- Analyse configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure
- Produce effective, economical structural designs using all common construction materials
- Calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures
- Liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction
- Examine structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure
- Apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures
- Produce calculations by hand and using computer analysis techniques
- Produce construction details and sketches
- Attendance at design team meetings and workshops
- Coordinate with contractors and other design team members to resolve coordination of details
- Checking work produced by other team members and external parties where required
- Managing small teams of engineers, graduate engineers and technicians
- Implement business processes
- Attended site and inspecting work in progress
- Produce site visit reports
If you are interested in joining their team you first must:
- An appropriate degree in structural/civil engineering
- At least 5 years post-graduate experience.
- Preferably chartered (MIStructE or MICE) or working towards becoming chartered within the next 12 months
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS Office Proficient
- A full driving licence
This is a fantastic opportunity for a career minded individual who is seeking progression and development with a market leading organisation.
This role will be open for the next couple of weeks, so if you are interested in applying for this great position, please do not hesitate to apply by using the button below. Alternatively please call and speak with Jake on 01489 560180 if you are interested.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.