Group Financial Controller
Client DetailsMy client a US technology business that has recently undergone a large scale integration with a UK entity. The group value is in excess of $10bn, with the UK arm of the business having a turnover of £700m (EBITDA c.£40m). The group grew at 8% last year, and the UK arm at 11% with targeted double-digit growth again this year with the access to the group's platform.
DescriptionIn line with the growth and completion of the integration there is a newly-created Group FC position, based in London, which will take ownership for the reporting of the acquired entity. The position will also have involvement in some of the expansion projects looking at new territories, management of a developing team, and continued responsibility for streamlining processes and controls following the integration. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage month and year-end closing together with preparation of audit pack and liaising with auditors and bank
- Help in the preparation of annual budget, monthly re-forecasting and cash flow forecasting and help contribute to presenting financial results at monthly board meetings
- Lead on and partner with department heads and key stakeholders to review progress against budget
- Lead on to improved month-end processes, including consolidation; accuracy and reliability of reporting to hit tight deadlines set by parent company
- Lead on and liaise with external parties for any ad hoc projects (e.g. new locations, investment appraisals)
ProfileAs a strong applicant for this Group Financial Controller position you will:
- Be an ACA qualified accountant (top tier preferred)
- Demonstrate strong technical expertise, including accounts preparation and review (under IFRS/US GAAP) in a consolidations environment.
- Show a proactive approach to process improvement and driving efficiencies
- Have some prior exposure to project work
- Possess an excellent ability to delegate and co-ordinate tasks
- Have excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels
The offer to the successful Group Financial Controller will be between £75,000-£85,000 depending on experience + benefits. The position is also designed as a succession plan for the Group FD, who is likely to look to move on in a few years having completed the integration project, and will ultimately then report into the Group CFO.