Analyst - Financial Due Diligence
London, Financial Due Diligence Analyst job role in transaction services team at top 10 Accountancy Practice
Your new company
A fantastic opportunity to join a UK Top 10 Accountancy Practice who are leading independent provider of investment management, accountancy, tax, corporate and financial advisory services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. With 13 principal offices in the UK and Ireland, 1,600 people and an international capability in over 100 countries. The firm aims to provide an innovative global service. Its London office, based in the City, provides leading edge advice to private clients, professional practices, mid to large corporates and nonprofit organisations.
The London practice provides the full range of its services to include: audit, financial due diligence, valuations, business advisory services, banking, corporate finance, corporate recovery, corporate tax, forensic services and litigation support, investment management, pensions and financial planning and advice on personal tax and trusts.
Prime office location with great transport links to both mainline and tube.
Your new role
You will be an Analyst supporting the Financial Due Diligence (FDD) team, with the aim of developing focused due diligence skills through experience and increasingly participate in a more technical/senior role. This follows the successful growth in transactional business and other team members progressing into more senior roles in the team. The role will provide exposure to a wide variety of clients, sectors and type of work, which will be highly rewarding to an individual who enjoys working on diverse projects and the personal dynamic of working as part of a small team. Alongside your work, you'll receive first-class professional training on the job, with the opportunity to study for the ICAEW/CISI Corporate Finance Certificate and Diploma in due course.
Reports to: Partner - Financial Due Diligence Key responsibilities:
- To attend and contribute to client meetings
- Analysis of historical and forecast income statements, cash flow statements and balance sheets
- Sensitivity analysis considering potential upside and downside scenarios to the forecasts
- To analyse, review and comment on historical and forecast trading results and trends
- To contribute to the production of written reports within agreed timescales
- Day-to-day contact with the client during the assignment, ensuring that they receive an efficient and proactive service
- To utilise our data sources to research industry trends and comparable companies
- To deal with client take-on processes, including relevant anti-money laundering compliance
- To support with project work and any other miscellaneous tasks as instructed by the Partner
Key Competencies may include:
- Delivering results and meeting client expectations
- Planning and organising, including managing a portfolio of work
- Following instructions and procedures
- Writing and reporting
- Coping with deadlines
- Commercial awareness
- Presenting and communicating information
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level with strong A Level results and GCSE English and maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B.
Key experience in business analysis gained within a professional services or boutique practice; basic understanding of financial reporting and accounting; highly competent in Excel, Word and PowerPoint in order to create due diligence reports and must demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
To have a high level of general commercial awareness.
The role is ideally suited to a candidate with 1-2 years relevant experience and who may be part qualified ACA/ACCA although this is not essential.
The individual should have the desire and commitment to study towards the ICAEW/CISI Corporate Finance Certificate and Diploma.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary in the region of between £30,000 - £35,000, overtime, employers pension scheme, 23 days annual leave, healthcare and life insurance. The opportunity to progress to a more senior level.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.