Fintech Opportunity - Qualified Acountants
A fintech firm based in the City of London is currently looking to hire a recently qualified accountant into a newly created commercially-focused role within their finance division.
This is an innovative and growing organisation, whose core business is founded around Peer-to-Peer (P2P) lending and investment management. Currently in the process of establishing a bespoke digital banking arm, they are looking for an ambitious individual to partner with the business in ensuring the independent validation of activities surrounding the newly-formed banking entity and P2P lending platform.
Reporting directly to the CFO and liaising closely with Senior Stakeholders from the business, the successful candidate will initially play a pivotal role in the management of the organisations banking license application; key accountabilities will include the validation of financial risk models in line with PRA and Basel regulations, conduct risk advisory, verification of PRA/FCA submissions, and the provision of assurance activities across various functions of the organisation.
Key Skills / Experience:
- Relevant professional qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Top 10 audit background with financial services exposure strongly preferred
- Demonstrable understanding of financial modelling techniques and validation
- Strong communication skills with ability to liaise with senior stakeholders
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant regulatory frameworks
- Keen interest in working within an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment