Design Manager - Ceilings & Partitioning Contractor
My client is one of the leading names in the interiors market, helping clients and architects develop a full interior fit out solution. They operate UK wide but mainly work on projects in London / South East. Delivering high specification & standard schemes on time, on budget and on schedule.
They have an excellent reputation for delivering quality finishes and have longstanding relationships with key clients, developed through mastering the process from its early stages right through to project management and completion.
They are currently aiming to recruit an experienced Design Manager.
About The Role of Design Manager - Ceilings & Partitioning Contractor
- Manage the Design Team to deliver an efficient service, in terms of time and cost, to its customers, internal and external, and ensure that the Design Department achieves its targets.
- Develop and improve the technical competence of the Design Office and develop and implement measures to ensure continuous improvement of the performance of the team.
- Contribute to the management and technical competence.
- Management of personnel including assessing of competence and setting of objectives and with the Operations Director recruitment of staff and review of salaries.
- Motivation, training and development of design department personnel. Induction of new staff.
- Leadership on a professional and personal level.
- Delegation of responsibilities in a sensible way to the team members
- Preparation of Design Budgets.
- Provision of technical advice, design concept and drawings.
- Provision of design programme
- Developing/agreeing technical solutions to be with Company technical support personnel.
- Working with other group design / technical resource.
- Ensuring that F&E provide the necessary input to the design.
About The Candidate
- Have a good understanding of construction technology, building science and methodology of buildings in general and specifically of production and installation of various products.
- Be creative with the ability to develop technical solutions which are practical and efficient as well as meeting customers' specifications.
- Have knowledge of (and enthusiasm for) up-to-date technology used in support of the design group.
- Be a good manager and leader - able to motivate, inspire and lead a group and also be able to perform in a team environment.
- Be able to communicate well and to influence colleagues and clients at the highest level.
- Be able to train, coach and develop others.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Building and Construction industry
- Be capable of developing and implementing systems to measure performance.
- Be reliable, trustworthy, impressive and a good representative for the Company in the outside world.
- Be tough, self-motivated - able to be single-minded and achieve goals despite difficulties.
If you are looking for an opportunity as & with a Design Manager - Ceilings & Partitioning Contractor, please forward your CV in to Carl Tipping for consideration.