Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our client is a leading building and property maintenance contractor based in Chester, they cover all aspects of property maintenance & refurbishment, undertaking projects up to £2,500,000 and everything in-between. The business has been established for over 50 years and has a strong reputation for excellence.
The successful candidate will take accountability for the development and implementation of all pre and post contract strategies, commercial functions and contact reporting. These roles report to the Commercial Manager.
Our client will consider both permanent and temporary candidates and you should be at Project or Senior Quantity Surveyor level with experience of running your own jobs including procurement, payments, management of sub-contractor accounts, CVRs and measures/ remeasures.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Creating, developing and implementing training programmes to enhance the performance of self and commercial teams.
- Understanding and taking ownership of the project risks and opportunities, setting the performance objectives for the tender profit plan, programmes and group financial reporting.
- Developing relationships and engaging with the customer at the appropriate level to the project.
- Taking ownership for optimum cost control, cash and contractual management.
- Regularly reviewing subcontract safety audits prior to payment authorisation and actively promoting company.
- Ensuring all team members understand project accountabilities and objectives.
- Demonstrating understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up.
- Ensuring main contractual obligations and strategies are executed and regularly reviewed.
- Agreeing external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value.
- Ensuring all subcontract management / process obligations are complete.
- Completing and submitting reports
- Implementing project strategies to maximise turnover, cash, profit, customer satisfaction and repeat business.
An attractive salary and benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate.