We have an exciting opportunity to work within our Shortfall Debt Recovery team as a Consultant. In this role you will be working with customers with residential mortgage/secured loan shortfall balances by receiving inbound and making outbound calls and assessing their ability to repay their shortfalls by utilising a range of credit bureau tools . You will be negotiating optimum payment arrangements to ensure client value is maximised whilst taking particular regard of the customer’s current financial circumstances in line with FCA Fair Treatment of Customers to ensure the best repayment solution is reached.
You’ll enjoy handling customer calls while working within agreed policies. You will effectively manage your own performance while achieving the right solution for both our customers, clients and Computershare.
As an SDR Consultant you will process payments and work to agree arrangements with customers. You will use questioning techniques to identify customer’s ability to pay while working as part of a team to support your team leader to deliver team targets.
Your daily tasks will be:
- Effectively handling cases by identifying when legal action is appropriate
- Highlighting any opportunities to improve the customer journey
- Ensure information provided to customers is clear
- Ensure all your own work is carried out with all legal requirements
- Work to scheduled working hours and breaks
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for target driven candidates who can take ownership and manage your own work while escalating as appropriate. You will be flexible in your approach to your workload.
You will also:
- Be able to effectively communicate with your team and manager
- Have good negotiation skills
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel
- Ideally have an understanding of relevant MCOB, CONC and FCA regulations
- An ability to understand end to end processes
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Ideally you will have experience of negotiating with customers
Your Benefits Package
We are offering a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package and an excellent working environment.
As an organisation we offer you the opportunity to develop, provide you with the tools you need to do your job effectively and we always promote career opportunities internally. We are a forward thinking, innovative and results driven organisation and we are keen to speak to like-minded people. To find out more about us please visit our website: www.computershare.com/uk
About The Company
Computershare Loan Services is the UK’s largest third-party mortgage servicer, with 3,000 employees managing over £70bn of assets for over 60 clients across 500,000 customer accounts. Our outsourced mortgage servicing solutions include exceptional debt management and customer service capabilities, mortgage origination, asset trading, best-in-class analytics and much more.
As well as the UK and Ireland, Computershare Loan Services also services mortgages in the USA and manages more than a million residential mortgage accounts globally.
Computershare is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and employs 16,000 people around the world, including over 4,000 in the UK. Computershare’s UK headquarters are in Bristol, with their mortgage servicing operation based in Skipton and Crossflatts in Yorkshire, Doxford near Sunderland and Derry in Northern Ireland.