Location: Broomhill Road, Brislington
Salary: £26,400 - £33,000 (+ 30% annual performance bonus and great benefits)The Co-op is changing fast as we look to become the number one convenience retailer in the UK. With a new membership scheme that no competitor can offer, there's a real buzz around our stores. Following the new brand, we've already refitted over 650 stores and opened up a further 30 this year. And, we've been crowned Convenience Retailer of the year and received the Outstanding Achievement Award at the 2016 Retail Industry Awards. We pride ourselves on the communities we serve and there is no better time to join the Co-op as we invest in our people, stores and technology.As a Store Manager you'll lead, inspire and develop your team, spending most of your day on the shop floor, making sure that each and every customer is valued as soon as they walk through the door. As a community pioneer, you'll help build key relationships throughout the local area and support local business. In an ever changing and increasingly competitive market you'll seek opportunities to stay ahead of the competition and react to changes that could affect store performance.What you'll do
- Lead and coach your team from the front as you work towards team and individual performance goals.
- Working with and supporting your local community to increase store awareness in the area.
- Looking into local competition, seeking opportunities to improve business.
- Take charge of everything, from developing your people to managing sales, waste and costs.
- Previous retail or hospitality experience, we welcome all applications from other retail sectors, not just food.
- Proven leadership skills by managing and developing teams of various sizes and ability.
- Able to show how you've previously worked within your local community, either through fund raising or local support to businesses
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness and business skills through previously handling business financials and exploring opportunities to increase sales.