Maintenance Engineer - Weekend Work
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
THIS ROLE IS HOME BASED COVERING BIRMINGHAM AND SOUTH WORKING 40 HOURS PER WEEK FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY MONDAY
Be part of a team based on from home to carry out maintenance of robots and controllers at various customer sites across the UK. Primary part of role is to carry out the planned maintenance on Robots and controllers mainly working on your own but will include working with others from and third party suppliers where you will have to lead them on jobs.. Due to production demands of customers this role is based around working unsocial hours. i.e weekends.
Using a globally defined process you will use your engineering skills (electro/mechanical) carry out the planned maintenance on equipment to deliver value and best life to customer in their equipment. You will also carry out remedial work discovered during visits
This role also supports other customer service teams when required such as Reactive service, support desk, training.
1. Ensure standards are maintained
2. Complete reports for each machine - Identifying issues
3. Produce proposal for any work required using Robotcare tool
4. Work agreement planner on scheduling/completion
5. Liaise with customer
6. Oversee 3rd Party labour
7. Production start cover if required
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Knowledge and experience of the Automotive industry
* Knowledge and experience of the culture within and an ability to harness that for the benefit of the program performance.
* Forward thinking and proactive
* Team leadership and cooperation
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.