Assessor in Hospitality
Assessor in Hospitality - Part Time Are you highly experienced within the field of hospitality and front of house? Do you have up to date industry expertise? Spider. The Region's Fixed Fee Web Recruiters are delighted to be supporting this Ipswich based further education centre with their search for an Assessor in Hospitality.
The key focus of this role will be to recruit, train, assess and guide learners on apprenticeships as well as working alongside the employer to support the learner throughout their qualification.
As an Assessor you will also be responsible for the following -
- Recruitment, induction, training, assessment, guidance and support for learners on apprenticeships and employer engagement programmes
- Support the delivery of a positive learning experience for both the learner and the employer
- Supporting employers and learners in the selection appropriate components and levels of apprenticeship framework/standards
- Guidance, support and assessment of student's work to ensure the required level needed, providing feedback on progress at both college and the place of work
- Promotion of apprenticeships and the College curriculum at internal and external events, including evening and weekends, as and when required
- Maintaining accurate students records including tracking and monitoring of progress and timely and overall success outcomes for all students in line with agreed targets
- Participating in pre-assessment and assessment boards to formally record student outcomes
- Responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes -
- Level 3 vocational qualification in Hospitality or equivalent
- Level 2 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent (GCSE Maths and English grade C)
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF)/A1 Assessor Award (D32, D33, TQA) or a commitment to achieving within a specified timeframe
- Health and Safety qualification or commitment to achieving within a specified timeframe
- Working knowledge of current apprenticeship frameworks/standards
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience in customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail and ability to produce consistent accurate work
- Ability to work to deadlines and meet targets
You will also be self-motivated and effective in personal time management and organisational skills in line with the duties within the role. You must be passionate about delivering positive learning for students and a positive experience for employers.
PLEASE NOTE - Due to the nature of this role, a driving licence or other method of transport is essential in order to travel to candidates' workplaces. Appointments will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Based at the Ipswich campus, this role offers a salary of £25,251 per annum pro rata (based on 17.5 hours per week) which also includes an excellent pension scheme and 20 days holiday rising to a maximum of 25 days holiday per annum pro-rata, plus Bank Holidays and Christmas Closure Days.
If you have the skills required, we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiters. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: Hospitality, Apprentices, Tutor, Assessor, Education, Apprenticeships
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.