Robert Half are currently recruiting a Payroll Officer on behalf of the UKs largest business process outsourcing and professional services company, paying £18,000.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be associated with a large, multinational business listed on the FTSE 250 stock exchange.
- Input accurate payroll transactions into the payroll system
- Ensure that data is processed in accordance with timetabled payroll deadlines.
- Provide a timely customer service to client queries.
- Maintain computerised record systems for designated categories of staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of clients' conditions of service for designated categories of staff, and provide consistent advice and support to clients based on this knowledge.
- Provide payroll expertise having regard to changes in regulations affecting payroll (such as Income Tax, National Insurance, Statutory Sick Pay etc).
- Assist in the implementation of pay awards and annual increments if appropriate for designated categories of staff within appropriate time-scales.
- Provide management information for use by clients and outside agencies on request.
- Maternity/Paternity/Parental and Adoption Leave:
- Process accurate applications for leave within agreed time-scales.
- Ensure relevant pension scheme and banding are operated, and deductions made
- Ensure relevant pension forms are completed and submitted, and returns maintained
- Ensure accurate payments and or deductions are made in respect of employee benefit schemes. E.g Child Care Vouchers, Cycle to Work, Annual Purchase Schemes.
- Process reports and balance to the payroll.
- Provide a fully balanced set of sign off reports to the Client
The ideal candidate will be:
- An experienced Payroll officer (over 3 years)
- Experienced in Finance and transactional processing
- Strong with Microsoft Excel
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Experienced with Payroll software
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.