Relief Support Engineer / Mobile Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Relief Support Engineer
Location: Covering hospitals in the South West
Salary: £20,000 plus van
Interview Open Day: The open day is being held at Chalk Lane Hotel, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7BB on the 26th April from 9am till 7pm. Candidates are free to drop in at any point during that time and are asked to bring with them a copy of their CV and a form of ID.
The Relief Support Engineer must be quality driven and customer focused with technical ability to repair and maintain their equipment both at the bedside and back office. The Relief Support Engineer requires excellent interpersonal skills and needs to be committed to customer satisfaction.
The role provides 1st level technical and operational support to the sites within a specific geographical area (Cover in other areas may be required from time to time).
The role focuses upon maintaining both bedside and back office operational equipment including ownership of customer issues raised at the bedside. Maximising the uptime of Bedside Units and therefore the availability of the system to customers.
- Provide proactive and reactionary cover for sites based on 'Red Bleeps/Alerts' in-turn providing improved Time To Fix (within 24 hrs of bleep /alert being raised).
- Maximising the uptime (technical availability to customers) of the Bedside Unit.
- Delivery of customer satisfaction targets, ensuring the units are presentable for patients.
- Maximising the on-site repair of faulty bedside units and where necessary installing replacement parts.
- Cover as requested from Line Mgr in supporting H&S checks visiting every bed every 4 months.
- Management and effective upkeep of bedside unit test equipment for fault detection.
- Resolve customer generated problems and queries vie bleeps, alerts, trust requests.
- Clean & prepare all faulty equipment for return to the Repair Centre.
- Operate site-based fault logging and reporting systems such as PET, Fault Logger, Spiceworks.
- Effective management and handling of any customer complaints, including escalation where applicable.
- Refreshing of all bedside units that are visited.
- Support the replenishment of ward consumable stock when requested.
- Repair and maintenance of 1st tier vending machine faults / user issues, escalation where appropriate via Spiceworks.
- Management of site POS/literature as per company levels/standard procedures.
- Adherence to legislative requirements, policies & procedures including Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Logical thinker with the ability to identify issues across a variety of networks.
- Must be able to work alone with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to manage workflow and schedule to maximise productivity.
- Commercial awareness and ability to make decisions in line with the values, vision and goals of the company.
- Professional approach to working in a health care environment where discretion, respect and empathy are required at all times.
RF data networks and TV distribution systems:
- Return paths
- RF network balancing / balancing Amplifiers
- Fault finding and resolution
- Modulator tuning and balancing
CAT 5 and Fibre data networks:
- Fibre fault tracing
- Installation and configuration of replacement WACs
- CAT 5 termination
Server and PC hardware/software in a Microsoft/Linux networking environment
Analogue and digital/VOIP telephone networks:
- DSLAM configuration and testing
- Fault finding on analogue switches
- Replacing of analogue line cards
- Fault finding and resolution on twisted pair
- Jumpering on E & D sides of telephony frame
TCP/IP network fundamentals including working with Windows software configurations:
- Adding servers onto the network
- Adding the servers to the correct domain
- Update software as required
- MCSE/MCDST (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer/Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician)
- Experience of working with Vending machines and Payphones
- 3rd/4th Edition Electrical
- Relevant Audio Visual Industry qualification
- Relevant cabling/infrastructure qualification
- Relevant Telecommunications / IT qualification
- Relevant HNC/HND/NVQ
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The company will be holding an open day interview where candidates will be free to drop in any time at Chalk Lane Hotel, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7BB on the 26th April from 9am till 7pm - please bring a copy of your CV and a valid form of ID such as a passport or driver's licence.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and cover letter and for more details on the Open Day.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; RF Technician, TV Technician, Radio Frequency Engineer, Maintenance Technician, RF Engineer, Digital Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support, Manufacturing Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support Technician, Maintenance Support Engineer, Repairs Technician may also be considered for this role.