Exciting opportunity not to be missed! Beacon has an opportunity available for a Data Analyst to join the team in York. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £18,000 - £21,000 per annum.
The main purpose of the Data Analyst role is to ensure the effective management of Beacon data in order to facilitate greater understanding and assist in identifying possible improvements to enable effective business growth.
About the Company
Interchange & Consort Hotels incorporates two high profile organisations:
- Beacon - a specialist provider of purchasing, consultancy and advisory services to over 2,000 customers in the hospitality, leisure and healthcare industries
- Best Western Great Britain "Hotels with Personality" - the largest group of independently owned and managed hotels in the World
We have a fantastic, friendly and fun working environment, and we are committed to being a great place to work.
What are the responsibilities of the Data Analyst?
- To work with the Commercial Team to develop and deliver reporting in a consistent timely manner as required and as set out by the Director of Operations and Commercial Manager in line with business objectives
- To manage data provided to Beacon from Beacon suppliers, manufacturers and other organisations in relation to customer spend, product sales and NCB values
- To support both Sales and Purchasing with forecasting of customer spend and supplier sales values, tracking both sales and income versus business targets
- To provide accurate figures to the purchasing team to enable invoicing of supplier payments due to Beacon, on a scheduled basis and for end of year reconciliation
- To act as primary contact for scoping, development and review of current, future and ongoing reporting requirements in line with business requirements
- To produce and maintain user guides covering the creation of and best use of reporting generated, and support the users with training as necessary
- Extraction and assessment of sales value and other data from Beacon systems to provide visibility of, but not limited to, customer spend, supplier income and sales performance against targets
- Manipulation of data specific to business requirements enabling a more focussed approach to aid development of key actions to be taken
- To perform gap analysis in customer spend and supplier scope, to enable Beacon to identify potential areas for category development, supplier sourcing and income growth
- Assessing Manipulation of data specific to business requirements enabling a more focussed approach to aid development of key actions to be taken Supporting operational managers as required to ensure Beacon achieves and exceeds business goals
- Production and development of business reporting to agreed format and frequency to support Beacon in providing the Beacon team with a singular, clearly defined view of how the business is operating across customer and supplier relationships
What do we look for in a Data Analyst?
- Evidence of working with numerical data from a range of sources, showing accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in communicating findings with others in a precise, simple way, allowing for the correct interpretation of data
- Proven track record of supporting management with implementation or roll-out of new reports and effective ways of working
- Experience of working within a team environment, showing strong communication skills, with the ability to remain calm and positive under pressure.
- Understanding of food wholesale
- Experience in working in or closely with the hospitality, leisure, healthcare or education sector
If you wish to join our exceptionally talented staff community and take the next step to advance your future career by becoming our Data Analyst - Why not click ‘apply’ today?