Financial Controller - £70K - Waltham Abbey
Up to £70K plus 7.5% bonus
A high end house developer is look to appoint a skilled Financial Controller with relevant experience in the building industry.
Operating throughout London and the South East, this company are a recognised leader in their industry and expanding to a headcount of 500 staff by the end of this year. The Financial Controller will be supporting the Finance Director with the running of the day to day accounting functions as well as helping the business to achieve their long term development goals.
A business partnering position, the successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant with knowledge of project accounting in the building sector. Commercial awareness and fantastic communication skills are needed to building strong relationships with clients and management within the company, to understand their needs.
This really is a brilliant opportunity for someone to progress their career, within a successful company and has the possibility of becoming Financial Director of the company. You can make this position your own and challenge the current ways of working.
Financial Controller Responsibilities:
- Developing relationships with Development, Project, Commercial, Sales and Marketing Managers, to understand their projects
- Managing the investment appraisal process, implementing changes and improvements as needed
- Monitoring project spend and reporting costs to the Board
- Ensuring timely, accurate and appropriate reporting process is in place
- Attending project meetings and reflecting all changes within the appraisal and cash flow
- Managing all reporting issues for projects
- Reviewing management accounts and presenting these to the relevant Management Teams
- Reports and variance analysis
Financial Controller Requirements:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- Experience within the House Building/ Developer sector, or similar, is a must
- Big 4 qualified
- Strong communication skills to develop relationships and present financial information
- Strong client focus