Python Developer (Micro-services, TDD, CI)
Central London, to £60,000 + Shares
My client is a booking platform aimed at transforming the lives of students across the world. Using leading-edge architecture built for global scale, a dedication to excellence in engineering and a strict focus on making the lives of students better. Founded in 2014 this start up have had a huge investment from world renowned Angel investors.
As a Platform Engineer, you will work with other engineers to design, develop, test and maintain components of the company’s software Platform. Following leading edge micro-services design patterns, you will build services that anticipate and meet business needs. Using the open-source Nameko project you will build services that are fully and automatically tested and independently and continuously deployed.
Additionally, as a Platform Engineer, you will contribute to the team's development, deployment and support processes. In particular, the Platform Engineer will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining services and resolving production service issues.
- Develop micro-services using the open-source Nameko framework
- Work with company leaders to conceptualise, build, test and release services
- Translate business requirements into functional solutions using Domain Driven Design principles
- Build prototypes and iterate in an agile, test-driven team
- Follow TDD and CI
- Optimise performance of the Platform through logging, monitoring and testing
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in micro-services and Python
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Contribute to open-source
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work-based experience
- 5+ years Python development (or comparable language)
- Unit and functional test experience
- Experience with high-availability systems
- Solid object-oriented programming fundamentals
- Service-oriented design experience a plus
- Continuous Integration (CI) experience a plus