Estimator - Housing/Residential
Estimator - Housing/ Residenital
Salary up to £55,000 + Package (DOE)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to work for a successful national housing developer. As a company they are known as a builder with a focus on quality, attention to detail and a first class after service.
- To establish the most accurate base cost of a tender within the allocated tender period based upon information received and developed, values typically in the region of £1,000,000 - £10,000,000
- To consider, assess, discuss, take advice, communicate and allocate where appropriate costs on any Health and Safety issues that may be applicable or become apparent on a tender during the bid process.
- Successfully manage workload.
- To ensure tender adjudications have been arranged with the correct time frame sufficient notice
- To ensure that the correct members of the operations departments and board have been notified in good time for the tender adjudication
- To organise the tender launch meeting.
- To ensure tender abstracts are completed correctly and agree sub-contractors to be used for any given scheme with the operations departments
- To ensure a site visit has been organised with the respective manager(s) from the operations departments and sub-contractors and to carry out a site survey, measurements, photograph record.
- To ensure sub contract quotations have been collated and checked for compliance prior to use
- To ascertain market rates prior to receipt of quotations as bench marking senses check, to price work elements from first principles where appropriate.
- To ensure all tender documentation has been collated in sufficient time for the adjudication to be under taken
Advantages to this company
- My client is looking for a highly motivated individual who is interested in joining a company where they can gain a high degree of responsibility and have the real prospect of further career advancement.
- Local reputable company
- Sites consist of a range of new build housing developments and commercial projects
To be successful in your application you will need to have a minimum of 5years experience working as an Estimator/Quantity Surveyor within the construction sector. Ideally worked for a housing developer previously.
Excellent package for the right candidate is on offer, with an immediate start.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more, please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the high level of applications we are receiving, if we have not been in contact within two working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful for short listing.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer, acting in the capacity of an Employment Agent for this position. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.