Business Development Manager - Airports
Business Development Manager - Civil's, Highways, Airports construction
Up to £75K + Bonuses + Pension + Laptop + Car/ Car Allowance
Office base: Crawley
Field Based role mainly London and South East
My client has been in the industry for over 70 years design, building and maintenance of the UK's transport infrastructure including Traffic Management, Highways Maintenance and Management, Airfields, Construction Projects, Vehicle Services and Landscape Design.
The successful Business Development manager will have experience in:
* Working on projects over £10 million (Road Construction)
* Demonstrable track record of success in the business development environment
* Knowledge of the Infrastructure industry
* Understanding and delivering stakeholder requirements
* Industry wide contacts within the infrastructure sector
* Use of varied technology equipment and reporting tools including CRM system management and effective reporting
Personal Attributes / Skills:
* Understanding of collaborative working and the principles of BS11000
* Ability to effectively communicate at different levels of the organisation
* Excellent time management and organisational skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Flexible working attitude (location and time)
* Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
* Creatively and provide innovative solutions
* Continually review and improve performance
* Ability to travel / work away from home
* Good level of commercial & financial awareness
* Developed negotiation skills
* Excellent internal and external customer relationship and stakeholder management
Business Development role objectives consists of
* Targeting and progress pre-profiled opportunities that match the corporate strategy for securing strategic projects and improve our overall market position.
* Developing relationships with clients and stakeholders, gaining a detailed understanding of their needs and preferences to gauge opportunity feasibility and support early solution development. Experience of working on projects over £10 million.
Business Development Managers main activities include:
* Working closely with the Strategic Projects Development and Support team members, to track and progress selected opportunities for major civil engineering schemes
* Establish and maintain excellent client relationships, and develop a good understanding of relevant decision makers and influencers
* When required, facilitate meetings between senior client and Colas representatives
* Utilising the CRM system to manage and update client and opportunity records
* Work with the Market Research Assistant to help maintain a current and relevant opportunity pipeline
* Supporting the development of short/medium/long term business development plans
* Gather and share market intelligence that will assist with planning and prioritisation
* As required, to support and contribute to the development of high quality solutions for business development, prequalification, tendering and other purposes.
* Awareness of and compliance with relevant legislation, i.e. competition law
* Producing progress and bespoke reports as required, including project specific Forward Prospect Plans, Relationship Management Plans and PAP submissions
* Develop thorough understanding of competitors profiles and strategies
* Coordinating with other workstream Business Development Managers to enable a consistent, coherent and non-conflicting approach.
* Working closely with Marketing and communications with respect to promotional materials, presentations and events/seminars.
* Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
* To ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
* Ensure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
To apply for this position please email Chloe at Rullion your CV on you can follow up with a call once your CV has been sent by calling 07711946798