Site Engineering Manager
A manufacturing leader based around the Plymouth area specialising in packaging are looking for a Site Engineering Manager.
As the Engineering Manager, you will have complete responsibility to implement changes in relation to the structure of the business. You will be responsible for the Engineering function consisting of a team of 15 Engineers, Technicians from a multi discipline background and 2 Apprentices.
A key purpose of this role is to establish and embed a system of Predictive/Preventative Maintenance. During the implementation of the newly implemented techniques, that the factory will continue to run reliably and safely as not to disrupt the manufacturing or customer requirements witch is the challenge of this position.
- Drive a new maintenance regime based on the principles of TPM and Predictive/Preventive Maintenance to meet operational requirements.
- Work with the Operations team to roll out Autonomous Maintenance programs across shifts.
- Ensure all planned maintenance activities add value and are set at the right frequency.
- Ensure that all major breakdowns have a clear root cause analysis and a closed loop action plan.
- Lead, coach and challenge the Engineering Team to achieve objectives and drive improvements.
- Manage the Engineering spend to ensure that budgetary levels are not exceeded and best value is achieved including a reduction in working capital.
- Use your experience of Process Control technology to build in higher performance in terms of operator safety, product quality, productivity, energy efficiency, and use of materials.
- Be a key member of site projects teams.
Salary on offer is up to £52,000 plus benefits. Including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare vouchers and a discretionary bonus.
The company are looking for a very driven individual that has previous experience as an Engineering manager that has held a similar position.
If you are from an FMCG or Packaging background that would be, ideal but is not essential.If you are interested in the role and would like to find out more information then please contact Marcus Mighty as soon as possible as on 0117 9388088 as they will be reviewing CV's over the bank holiday.