Assistant Quantity Surveyor
My client is a floor and wall solutions subcontractor who work across several key sectors including Commercial, Retail and Offices. As a result of expansion and winning new projects, they are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work with them on a permanent basis.
The work will be focused on our commercial division of internal partitions and ceilings on a recently secured large contract in Sheffield with a site visit expected once a week.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be given the support and guidance that you need in order to progress to a Quantity Surveyor.
You will be responsible for:
- Budget Forecasting
- Pre & post tender
- Monthly valuations
- Experience of working at site level and dealing face to face with sub-contracting operatives
- Able to carry our measurement and re-measurement exercises, take-off manually, and understand and interpret drawings.
- Understanding of cost reporting and the importance of record keeping for cost reporting purposes.
- Understanding of valuations and pricing of variations etc. and submitting in a timely manner.
- Undertake Material & Plant reconciliations weekly.
- Administration of Drawing Revisions & Site Records.
- Adhere to Management Plan.
- Support the production of monthly CVR.
- Understanding of cash management.
- Form Relationships with Subcontractors.
- Understand other site job functions.
- Communication with Site Team.
- Promote Company Image.
- Ensure that the supply chain is paid in accordance with the contract.
- Form relationship with the supply chain.
You must have a full driving licence, as travel will be required to sites.
The salary on offer is up to £23k (depending on experience)
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please send your CV to Jessica at Bromak using the contact details provided.