Estimator / Junior Estimator
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Estimator / Junior Estimator to join their team based in Leeds. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of £20,000 to £28,000 per annum (dependant on experience).
Our client are an industry leader in designing, manufacturing and installing creative interior demountable glass partitions, glazed doors, modular walls and architectural glazing solutions such as atriums, frameless curved glazing and freestanding glass.
They are seeking a talented, motivated and ambitious Estimator / Junior Estimator to reinforce their established and busy commercial team in Leeds. You may be a fully trained and experienced Estimator looking for a new challenge, or you may be looking to embark on a career as an Estimator.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have either a degree level qualification in commercial management, or significant experience of estimating in a construction environment. A good understanding of excel spreadsheets would also be highly beneficial along with good arithmetical skills.
Responsibilities of their Estimator / Junior Estimator
- Examining and analysing tender documentation in order to prepare materials estimates.
- Consulting with clients, suppliers, internal departments and site personnel to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Receiving orders / instructions from clients, checking information contained within orders and if necessary double-checking with clients as to requirements
- Producing Pro-Forma invoices for sending to clients, ensuring that these are paid before placing any material orders
- Producing and placing material orders from client information
- Liaising with factory and export packing company to ensure all materials are packed and dispatched correctly
- Maintaining knowledge of current market trends, practices and products
- Ensuring all sensitive and confidential information is held and communicated in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Completing all administration tasks in a timely, accurate and legible manner
- Working without supervision
Skills needed to become their Estimator / Junior Estimator
- Efficient and well organised
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to own personal development within the role
- A keen interest in the business
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in Commercial Management
- Experience of Estimating in Construction Management / The ability to quickly learn the understand the role of an Estimator
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Project and Word, and the use of Conquest Estimating Software would be advantageous
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings and architect’s plans and interpret their content and technical specification.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Estimator / Junior Estimator then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!