Senior PHP Developer / Engineer - Node.JS
Senior PHP Developer / Engineer – Node.JS – Leeds – upto £60k basic dep on exp
My client is seeking a Senior PHP Developer / Engineer – Node.JS – to be based out of their Leeds office
The Senior PHP Developer / Engineer– Node.JS will be responsible for delivery of key product features crucial to their success, building high-performance systems using cutting-edge open-source technologies. This is a hands-on development role where you will be expected to understand specifications, design implementations, rapidly deliver UI and write code and test cases. The Senior PHP Developer – Node.JD will consider themselves as a perfectionist at the top of their game, and get a buzz from doing more than is expected.
Senior PHP Developer / Engineer – Node.JS main responsibilities;-
You will work as part of a large team and be responsible for managing the companies apps and sites. The main roles and responsibilities will include…
- Turn concepts and requirements into highly available web applications and systems using industry standard languages and technologies such as Node.JS, React, PHP, Mongo, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Chef and Docker.
- Implement highly modular and maintainable components across a horizontally scalable application framework designed to maximise reuse across multiple channels.
- Actively participate in application design, database design, data-flows and detailed technical design. Ensure that analysis includes the wider view of technical and business impact.
- Deliver software solutions to specification and on-schedule that are fit for purpose.
- Work with Product Owners to propose, analyse and negotiate business requirements, and translate them into technical requirements.
- Participate in the definition of scope of projects and estimates of timescales for development and maintenance work.
- Analyse functional and non-functional requirements to determine impact on technical systems.
- Balance the commercial needs of the business against the ideal technical design, proposing sound phased or tactical implementations where appropriate.
- Produce accurate and unambiguous functional and technical documentation of products, systems, and services prior to and during development.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve the quality of software releases. Work with the squad to ensure that development follows an agreed delivery model. Ensure that updates are accurate and reflect known risks/issues to enable progress to be properly reported.
- Actively support the implementation of continuous integration to enhance deployment processes in line with SB&G delivery/release evolution plans
- Mentor other engineers in your team and play an active part in knowledge sharing sessions
Senior PHP Developer – Node.JS skills and experience required;-
You will be an ambitious and driven individual with a passion for new and developing technologies. You will have developed an extensive skill set either through education or from practical hands-on experience in a commercial environment. You will have the following skills, experience, and attributes…
- Over 5 years Senior PHP development/engineering experience
- Node.JS experience essential, however, there are other open opportunities if you don't have this
- Experience creating large scale applications
- Strong back-end experience
- Experience with HTML, CSS, AJAX
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks
- Experience with high traffic environments
- Knowledge of Linux command line would be beneficial
- Full PHP Developer – Node.JS software development lifecycle from gathering and functional specification authoring to development testing and delivery.
- Familiarity with version control, code review and other development tools are essential