Part Time Head of Finance
Chase and Holland are exclusively recruiting for a part time Finance Manager to join a leading charity as they embark on a key period of change. Working closely with the Chief Executive you will support the delivery of a strategic plan by managing the financial information and accounting systems for the organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accountant to add to the strategic direction of the business in a rewarding and fulfilling role. there is scope for the role to work flexibly around the individual so open to considering different working pattern requirements though it is expected the duties will probably cover a min of 2.5 working days.
Key Duties include:
- Work in close co-operation with the CEO to ensure the financial framework is in place to guide the charity's financial decision making
- Manage financial reserves, expenses and income
- Prepare statutory accounts including SORP and liaise with auditors
- Develop medium and longer term financial objectives and annual budget proposals
- Work closely with the senior leadership team and advise them on the likely financial consequences of actions to undertake
- Plan and manage cash flow and any investment activity
- Manage the grant process including review and analysis of project reports and project audit reports, grant payment budgeting and safe transfer funds
- Plan and manage company payroll systems and tax liabilities
- Manage all financial transactions for the charity through effective management of the finance team
- Complete VAT returns
Key Skills required
- Relevant degree or equivalent accounting qualification
- Experience in financial leadership ideally within a charity or environment where SORP is applied
- Proven ability to develop lead and manage others
- Proven ability to implement and monitor financial controls
- Sound working knowledge of software packages including financial reporting systems and forecasting models
We are looking for an inspiring leader with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills who has a proven ability to develop productive relationships at all levels.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.