Head of Corporate Systems (Academic) 12 Month FT Contract
Are you an enterprising, exceptional Head of Corporate Systems looking to be part of a globally renowned organisation? If so, SOAS, part of the University of London need your help to take a lead role in supporting and developing a range of academic applications
You will take a lead in the development of strategy, architecture, development and business processes around our key academic systems to create a more operationally effective organisation. You will tasked in delivering various initiatives across the Corporate functions including registry and planning, defining the scope of works for the development team, and overseeing IT led projects.
With a focus on Student systems, timetabling and sharepoint, you will provide solutions for these critical business areas in support of operational effectiveness. As part of the IT leadership team you will set the direction for these key systems, and play a critical part in delivering the wider IT strategy.
An experienced Corporate/Business Systems Manager, you will lead and inspire a skilled team of application and systems specialist to develop fit for purpose application solutions, and help deliver business transformation projects. With a strong background in application management, you will have a technical background, experience of developing, improving and implementing strategy enabling technology and business change, ensuring services and architectural standards deliver significant benefits and leading a high performing team.
As an ambassador of change, you will have a continuous improvement ethos, and will seek to work with the wider university and suppliers to develop applications and support models to enable success from the University’s investments.
You will bring to the role extensive, relevant knowledge and experience of IT best practice including:
- Strong solutions focus with a technical background across a range of Academic Applications ideally with knowledge of one of the following, student systems, timetabling and sharepoint
- Proven experience across full application lifecycle, managing applications within a large and complex organisation that deliver transformational change and solutions for a breadth of enterprise scale applications including legacy and modern technologies
- Experience of managing and leading a technical team of application specialists and helping drive performance
- Proven experience of managing a applications environment across business administration, learning, research and student journey related systems including the design, implementation and support
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to challenge and influence others, develop and maintain collaborative working relations across IT and non-IT departments.
- High level, proven inter-personal negotiation and communication skills are essential.
As an employer of choice SOAS offers and extensive benefits package including:
- A competitive salary package of £51,280 – £58,951 (inclusive of London Weighting).
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and at least 4 School closure days.
- Competitive Pension scheme.
Close date 27th April
Please note interviews will be held onsite at SOAS in London on 8th May
For further information on this role, please contact Amanda Glancy on