Senior Fraud Analyst
Job Title: Senior Fraud Analyst (Maintenance and Intelligence)
Business Area: Barclaycard Operations & Technology
Department/Function Level 1: Barclaycard Fraud Operations
Primary Location: Northampton
About Barclaycard Fraud Operations
The Barclaycard Fraud Operations department consists of multiple teams investigating and preventing fraud 7 days a week. The department has around 120 colleagues working together to fight fraud, reduce fraud losses and provide a great customer journey where applicable.
Overall purpose of role
- Lead on analysis to provide opportunities for continuous improvement across all Fraud operations owned systems and work with Operational readiness to secure investment and delivery of the solution
- Department wide point of contact for technical issues regarding fraud operations owned systems and responsible for their resolution
- Responsible for the maintenance of the fraud operations ownecod systems and interaction with business units and third party providers where appropriate
- Interpret information and develop inferences and conclusions.
- Deliver the analytical product to provide senior managers with informed recommendations for prevention, disruption and intelligence activity in support of strategic, tactical and investigative activity
- Manipulation of Fraud Operations owned systems including the third party voice biometrics systems
- Own and lead on Root cause analysis on technical issues relating to Fraud Operations owned applications
- Own MI and publish MI. Be the first point of contact for stakeholder query's regarding MI for all Fraud Ops owned systems
- Identify quantitative and qualitative data sources to be used for analyses. Collect, assess and evaluate data establishing relevance, significance and credibility. Handle data in accordance with legislation, policy and best practice
- Disseminate the results of analytical work, to diverse audiences, in the most appropriate format (graphical, written, verbal briefing or formal presentation), adhering to NIM principles
- Lead on liaison with other departments and external agencies to improve information sources and the identification of practical and effective solutions to identified problems
- Lead and attend meetings, briefings, conferences and seminars to present and discuss matters within the post-holder's area of responsibility or represent the analytical function
- Provide specialist and professional advice/presentations to relevant audiences relating to aspects of analysis (including the effective use of intelligence analysis to support managerial, operational and investigative decision making.)
- Undertake continuous professional development via horizon scanning of professional issues and attendance at training courses/conferences to ensure knowledge relating to Fraud analysis and relevant legislation is current.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Experience of SAS and/or SQL programming for complex data manipulation
- Information Gathering
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills - Verbally and Oral
- Ability to interpret complex situations
- PC Skills
- Demonstrable experience of Fraud industry knowledge essential
- Excellent analysis and technical skills, developed in the course of an analysis environment into fraudulent activity
- Proven ability to handle information and intelligence and prioritize work load
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion.