Commercial Sales Manager / National Sales Office Coordinator
Job Title: Commercial / Sales Office Manager
Location: Blackburn (with some UK & EU travel)
Salary: £28,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and ambitious Commercial / Sales Office Manager to join one of the fastest growing brands within its sector.
The company is a leading branded and own label pet food manufacturer based in Blackburn. Manufacturing and distributing brands such as; Webbox, Davies, Goodwyns, Oceanic and Vitakraft through all the major UK grocery channels and also specialist pet trade channels.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, be able to build enduring relationships and be responsible for delivering profitability targets for many aspects of the company's hugely successful retail portfolio.
The Candidate will be responsible for:
- Interpret and understand the respective obligations, responsibilities and liabilities of the parties to the contract, provide advice/guidance to the operational team as appropriate.
- Developing enduring customer relationships.
- Responsibility and day to day management of the Sales / Admin department, including delegation and mentoring the supervisor and team of 4.
- Responsible for all Own Label customers, liaising with them on a regular basis and internally with planning and production.
- Providing support the Export and Sales Managers.
- Responsibility for driving key initiatives to deliver sales growth and improve profitability.
- Support new product launches/packaging changes.
- Responsible for forecasting and reporting on KPI's.
- Work closely with other departments such as NPD, technical, warehousing and operations.
- Attend site meetings and contribute to the resolution of commercial and contractual problems.
- To be aware of and preserve the Company's good name in dealings with the customer, their suppliers and the public at large.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Previous experience in a commercial role servicing retail customers.
- Ideally hold an Agricultural, Marketing, Food or Business qualification - educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Proven experience of working within a sales environment.
- Excellent negotiating, influencing and communication skills.
- Confident in making presentations and producing written reports.
- Quality focused and commercially minded.
- Experience of managing and motivating a small team.
- Work on own initiative, is flexible, positive and confident.
- IT literate - proficient with Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong numerical reasoning and focused on detail.
- Good understanding of export systems and contracts.
Please click APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Account Manager, Sales & Marketing Manager , Commercial Manager, Commercial Sales Development, Experienced Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Key Account Manager, Business Development, Sales Manager, Commercial Development Manager, Direct Sales, Key Sales, Inside Sales, Business Developer, Business Plan, Business Development, Sales Development, Business Development Lead, Senior Sales Manager, B2B, Senior Account Manager may also be considered for this role.