- All periodic reporting, budgeting, forecasts, cash flow and capex analysis.
- Maintaining /improving reporting procedures.
- Daily cash monitoring & management
- Monitoring and reporting of Debt collection
- Finalise the monthly and annual regional accounts on due dates in consultation with the Regional team and Finance Director.
- Prepare and analyse balance sheets, P/L accounts, cash flow statement.
- To be able to handle all transaction processing i.e. Maintain Purchase ledger, Subcontract ledger, Sales ledger, Contract sales ledger, Fixed Assets Register and all related reconciliations.
- Liaising with payroll department to compile regional data for annual reporting to HMRC
- To check and authorise operative timesheets for all payments
- Produce appropriate financial analysis as requested by CFO / Finance Director/Regional Director
- Maintain and improve financial controls and ensuring consistent accounting processes areused
- Monthly reconciliation of all nominal ledger control accounts for the region.
- Ensuring all internal controls & procedures are followed as laid out in the financial procedures manual and Operational Procedures & Policy manual of the company.
- Assisting the regional team in tender processes.
Any other duties as may be requested by the CFO/Finance Director/Regional Director
Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- Hold a recognised professional accounting qualification
- Proven supervisory skills, team building and motivation
- Working knowledge of the Construction Industry
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Skill to combine accounting rigour with practical business requirement
- Be self motivated and results driven
- IT systems experience and aptitude
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Proactive approach to identify and resolve issues
- Promote a “can do” attitude
- Minimum or part professional ACCA / ACA / CIMA
- Must have confident, professional approach
- Must have a flexible attitude to working
- Smart, professional appearance
- An efficient and accurate approach to work with an eye for detail
- Dependable and willing to work as part of a team, supporting and working with all functions.
- Ability to tackle both the mundane and challenging and interesting tasks with equal willingness and enthusiasm.
- Proactive and can work on own initiative.