Big Data Developer
Would you like to join a leading telematics company, who works with transport operators and vehicle manufacturers throughout the world?
How about joining an organisation whose clients include industry giants such as Tesco, JCB and Sky?
Experts in mobile asset and resource optimisation, our mission is to empower our customers to reduce their costs and environmental impact, by maximising the efficiency of their transportation operations.
This role is an exciting new opportunity for a Big Data Database Developer to lead the development of a new project for Microlise, which involves moving our database technologies to Hadoop. Working in a growing team, you will be heavily involved in this project working through each phase, continuously developing and ensuring value from data.
- Reporting to the Platform Development Manager, the successful candidates main responsibilities will be to:
- Be involved in the assessment of the suitability of database technologies
- Configuration of Hadoop and other technologies in the big data ecosystem
- Assist the DBA Team with Administration of the new Big Data Solution
- Design and implement batch data transformations
- Design and implement streaming data workflows
- Ensuring Data Quality throughout the solution
- Ensure high level of enterprise readiness of the solution
- Use design and coding standards to ensure quality of work
- Design and implement data security and governance
Data | Data Developer | Big Data | Technologies | IT | Developer
- Been involved in an end to end project
- One or more recognized qualification in Big Data Technologies
- Knowledge and experience of implementing Big Data Solutions
- Proven technical ability to work with various Database Technologies
- Knowledge and experience with Streaming and Batch data transformation processes and technologies
- Excellent communicator, able to work as a team, able to produce technical and none technical documentation
- Keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of Vehicle Telematics
- Winners of the JCB Innovation Award 2013.
- A supportive culture with a proven track record of developing individuals and helping them to achieve their full potential.
- Excellent company benefits.
- An Investor in People.
- In partnership with East Midlands Year in Industry and Nottingham University.
Do you want the opportunity to make a huge impact? And have the skills and experience to fulfil this opportunity? We'd love to hear from you, please apply today!