Application Engineer (Hardware) - £40,000 - Cambridge
Application Engineer- £30k - £40k – Cambridge
Are you a Hardware Application Engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity in industrial semiconductor design and power electronics? Our client, market leaders in power electronics, has a new requirement for an Application Engineer to work on analogue hardware with one of their engineering teams based in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
The client is an international manufacturer of analogue semiconductors and industrial high power drivers and Electronics. Their products are featured in a number of different products and sectors including mobile devices, TVs, PCs, Appliances and high voltage transmission. They have offices and labs in over 5 countries including the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Malaysia and the US to name just a few with over 600 employees worldwide.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development of design procedures for power converter topologies
- Implementing design and optimization algorithms using various programming platforms including Matlab, Mathcad and spice or similar circuit simulators.
- Gathering and analyzing verification data.
- Providing support for software developers in the implementation of specified design algorithms.
- Documenting design algorithms using flow charts.
- Planning and carrying out lab tests for verification of design algorithms.
- Providing design support for applications engineers and field applications engineers
- Developing plans and software tools for verification of design algorithms.
- Developing behavioral simulation models for verification of design software.
They are ideally looking for a candidate who also has the following:
- BSc/MSc or equivalent
- Good understanding of circuit theory
- 5+ years’ experience in Analogue and Power Electronics
- Proficiency in Matlab, Mathcad and Excel along with Spice, Simplis or similar circuit simulators
- SMPS design experience
- Excellent analytical and programming skills, ideally with experience in C++
- Excellent written and oral communications is desired
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse, multi-location, and geographical teams in a fast-paced environment
If you are interested in the role apply now! Click the button or call Rachel at Vivate recruitment for any further questions on.