We are currently recruiting for an Expeditor/Planner Controller to work at Sierra (part of Epwin Group). In this role, you will require a good knowledge of IT combined with excellent attention to detail and strong numeracy skills. The successful applicant will be heavily involved in the monthly & annual site stock takes liaising with internal & external auditors plus interrogating high value variance reports.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To engage with internal customers to ensure business needs are clearly understood
- Liaising with sales and production daily to understand any potential deviations or likely potential changes to the plan.
- Problem solving tools and techniques
- PC Literate and very pro-active with systems
- To produce reporting metrics that communicate performance levels of both the role and suppliers
- To support the communication of the production plan to all appropriate internal customers in a timely manner and ensure that the plan is clearly understood by all internal parties.
- Supports continuous improvement in all procurement and planning activities
- Ensure all stock records are accurate and stock losses and errors are minimised.
- Placing orders with internal & external suppliers and ensuring a timely delivery schedule.
- Ensure that all necessary controls & procedures are in place to manage all stock movements.
- Monitor stock levels; look at the possibilities of reducing the sites stock holding (min/max levels).
- Purchase order confirmation and receiving of acknowledgments (written and verbal).
- Purchase order expediting (written and verbal).
- Producing regular stock reports.
- Conducting regular stock audits.
- Backorder reporting – update daily spread sheet to show reason.
- Maintain an accurate process for supplier returns.
- Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Must have previous experience within an Expeditor/Planning role
Experience and Skills
- Good knowledge of the AS400 (Chorus) stock system would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of FDS (Window Designer) would be an advantage.
- Competent in Microsoft Office suites – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills with high attention for detail.
- High level of accuracy and numeracy skills.
- Able to work well within a small team.
Hours of Work
Mon – Thu 7.30am – 4pm& Fridays = 7.30am – 12.30pm