Trainee Stair Lift Engineer
Location: Office Chobham, covering London, Home Counties, South East.
Starting Salary: £14,000
Company: Dolphin Mobility
Job Type: Permanent
Dolphin Mobility is a family run business which has been serving private and council customers alike for over 25 years. We specialise in mobility equipment of various kinds, the majority of our work being stairlifts and hoists. We pride ourselves on a high standard of customer service, from quote to installation to after care, we aim to always be friendly, efficient and empathetic to our customer’s needs, offering a professional service. We are looking to home grow 1 Engineer, with all training to be given on the job, including NVQ level 2 in stairlift installation, with a preliminary period shadowing a Senior Engineer. When we and the successful candidate are confident in their abilities, they will be expected to work independently.
About the role:
Initially shadowing a Senior Engineer to learn problem solving and general product knowledge Maintaining equipment both as services and breakdowns Occasionally delivering lifts and parts to other Engineers on site Occasionally assisting the Store Manager with repairs and lift preparation in the workshop. Completing all necessary paperwork efficiently and comprehensively, for each visit as these reports can and will be shared with the customer. Eventually when competent and confident, installing Stair lifts.
About the person:
- Ideal Candidate must be hard-working and dedicated, ready to follow instruction and be able to work under their own initiative.
- Be flexible, the job can vary from day to day, everyone in the company is expected to be flexible as a large part of the business is reactionary.
- Must be organised, confident, well presented with a strong sense of customer service and an eye for detail.
- Some engineering / mechanical knowledge preferred but not essential.
- Must have a clean driving licence
To apply, please click on the Apply button below.Telephone: 01276 856060
Hours: Mon-Fri 8.30-5.30, occasional voluntary overtime on weekends
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays
Probationary period of 3 months
Work Mobile, I Pad, Uniform, Tools and eventually a Van will all be provided.