HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) Manager
HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) Manager - mobile role
Home based with UK travel
Ideally located in the Midlands, Leicestershire area or North West areas – complete flexibility to work from home to cover up to 7 sites across the UK.
Salary/Rate: £45,000 - £5000 plus car + Bonus
Do you want to help this Global FMCG Company to set an ambitious HSE strategy?
Is your skill set able to drive different sites to adopt best practice? Offering a true internal consultancy role?
Our client is a global leader in the FMCG Marketplace. As a result of sustained expansion, there is an immediate opportunity for a HSE Manager to influence a cluster of factories across the UK.
To take the lead on Environmental and Health & Safety policies and practice in order to ensure legislative and regulatory compliance. You will set the strategy for HSE, reporting to the HSE Country Director. You will manage and shape behavioural programmes within a complex operations and factory processes, as well compliance will all current legislation.
You will enhance our site’s performance, promoting a positive safety culture and measuring the programmes you deliver, naturally. You will develop best practice safety strategy for the sites.
Define best practice – compliance, standardisation and consistency across the sites – a true continuous improvement approach
• Manage implementation and control of Environmental ISO14001 and Health & Safety ISO18001 systems.
Be the catalyst for activity in Environmental management
• Set up monitoring and reporting systems for the collection of Environmental and Health & Safety performance data of the plant.
Implement and monitor the entire site HSE strategy in line with Risk Assessments,
• Manage and shape technical audits at the plant, to support problem resolution, continuous improvement and best practice.
• Provide advice and recommendations to the business on Environmental and Health & Safety legislation, policy and best practice.
• Organise or personally carry out environmental testing as required to support the work of the plant.
• Ensuring the plant keeps up to date with developments in environmental and H&S legislation.
• To implement policies and procedures to maintain the business’ compliance.
• Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent in environmental science or H&S
• Trained to audit standard in Environmental, Health & Safety legislation/ regulations
NEBOSH DIPLOMA minimum / NVQ Level 3, IOSH Preferred
• Self Confident
• Transfer of expertise
• Conceptual Thinking
• Influence & Impact
• Information Seeking
Ability to adopt a global mind-set, you will be working for a global business
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP