Mechanical Production Assembler / Fitter
Mechanical Production Assembler / Fitter Special Purpose Machinery Manufacturer urgently requires Mechanical Production Assembler / Fitter to produce special purpose conveyor systems and their associated sub assemblies to an acceptable standard as required.Typical mechanical skills required for this role includes fitting motors, drive shafts, gear boxes, bearings, pipe work (copper & UPVC), drive shafts also marking out, drilling, tapping cutting etc.It is essential that you have significant experience of building special purpose machinery, ideally from industries such as the conveyor or food processing equipment, glass or bottling industries.Mechanical Production Assembler / Fitter Duties:
- You will demonstrate experience in mechanical production build of large complex equipment from scratch, working to pneumatic / engineering diagrams.
- General mechanical assembling duties.
- Candidates must be able to read schematic diagrams.
- Must adhere to all manufacturing standards and procedures.
- Able to work effectively to deadlines.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team.
- To assist and support when and where necessary.
- To keep the work area and equipment in clean and in good working order.
- Any experience of installation and / or commissioning and or testing of large complex equipment would be beneficial.
- Recognised time served apprenticeship / vocational qualification in mechanical related topics such as C&G / BTEC etc. (or equiv.)