Field Sales Engineer
MB154 – Field Sales Engineer
Location: South West
Salary: £30,000 (OTE - £40,000 - £50,000 + Car, Laptop, Mobile)
First Military Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Field Sales Engineer on behalf of our client who are based on the outskirts of Watford (the role will be home based from the South West of the UK). This is an excellent and exciting opportunity for an experienced Multi Skilled Engineer who has a strong sales background to work for a prestigious and well recognised boiler installation organisation.
Reporting to the Technical Sales Manager you will be responsible for sales to end users, contractors and consultants for the Company's range of Steam Generators, Fire tube Steam Boilers, high temperature Thermal Fluid Heaters and Process Air Heaters. The customer base is broad and includes the food, chemical, oil and gas, metal, pharmaceutical and marine industries plus important Public Sector opportunities.
This is an engineering sales role that will require you to develop detailed specifications and projects to sell to new and existing users, thereby extending the current range of applications. The bulk of the sales leads are generated through head office and the web and you will be required to follow up enquiries and qualify them. We are also growing our customer base and you will be required to find and develop new sales opportunities.
Sales targets will be set by the Technical Sales Manager who will work with you as part of a team to monitor your success to meet objectives through training and personal development as you become familiar with the broad range of products and services available from this International Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accept the overall responsibility for the supervision of the day-to-day activities and coordination of projects, including design, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning using the available resources within the company and by sub-contracting to achieve target costs and ensure project deliverables are on schedule.
• Communicate with cross functional project team members or departments and collaborate with sub-contractors and customers as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations.
• Ensure accurate information is assembled to ensure its compliance with design data within the framework of the Company’s Quality Procedures and to enable the procurement and manufacture of equipment to fulfil contractual requirements. • Provide on-going project planning/status reporting for use by the business, customers and management to make key decisions and communicate progress and risks.
• To ensure contract compliance with the companies standard commercial terms and conditions and negotiate acceptable variations where required.
• Control Invoicing / export and commercial documentation.
• Provide timely, accurate and reliable quotations to customers in association with the Company’s Field Sales Engineers and Sales Management and advise Field Sales Engineers of potential business arising from enquiries.
• On an occasional basis Travel to sites within the UK and if required some international travel may be involved.
Skills and Qualifications:
• We are looking for an engineering professional with a proven track record in sales and business development.
• Ideal experience would be from within a mechanical and electrical background - preferably within steam or high temperature process heating applications.
• Ideally you will be HNC/D or Degree educated in a Project Management / Engineering related field such as Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, and Chemical Engineering or a related discipline with strong commercial experience. A minimum of three years relevant experience is expected, however longer experience may be considered an advantage over academic achievement.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills.
• The ability to work as an individual and in a team environment and to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels within the Company structure and with our customers and suppliers using concise reports, quotations and verbal communications when required.