Trainee Accounts Assistant
An Accounts Assistant to process purchase invoices is required to join this successful, established Worcester business. We are looking for a hardworking team player who is keen to support this finance team. Joining a small team, you will have a desire to learn and build on existing skills and also ensure that all aspects of the finance department can be covered during staff holidays etc.
You will join the business with a holiday entitlement of 25 days holiday as well as attractive working hours 08.30-16.30 Monday to Friday. After a period of successful probation you will also have access to both a pension and healthcare scheme.
As the Accounts Assistant duties will include:
- Processing a high volume of purchase invoices per month
- Matching invoices received against purchase orders and delivery notes ensuring that cost, dates and VAT match
- Adding these purchase invoices to the accounting system
- Ensuring that the correct cost centre codes are added to the invoices and that these are authorised to be paid
- Produce reports for month end
- Statement reconciliations and copy invoice chasing
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within a Finance function, having a strong knowledge of Purchase ledger processes and previous working experience using both Sage and Excel.
For more information, please get in touch with Edward Jukes or submit your CV by clicking apply.