Your future in Nuclear. Specialising in the design and manufacture of bespoke engineering solutions for the nuclear energy, nuclear decommissioning and defence markets, our client is a key player in this sector. They design, engineer, manufacture, assemble, test, commission and install, as well as offering ongoing specialist support services. They are a core subsidiary of a global Italian group that operates in over 90 countries and is Italy's largest supplier, installer and service provider for
* To co-ordinate and carry out QC activities applicable to procured and in-house manufactured items.
* Liaising with customers and suppliers on quality/inspection issues.
* Understanding of/and assist with co-ordination of the calibration system.
* The job holder is responsible for ensuring that the accuracy of his/her own work meets the standards set by the Department.
* In-house inspection activities both final and intermediate and completion of these activities in line with route card and quality plan requirements, ensuring that all relevant QC documents are signed/stamped off.
* Carry out Goods Inwards inspection activities as required, including review and approval of incoming supplier's material certificates and dimensional reports.
* Recording discrepancies and raising Non Conformity Reports as necessary.
* Use of measurement and metrology equipment, for example CMM, shadowgraph, FARO Arm, Laser Tracker micrometers and gauges etc.
* Liaise with customer inspectorate and customer quality department on quality and inspection issues.
* Prepare and maintain inspection reports and quality records in line with contract and customer requirements.
* Assist in the control and maintenance of inspection equipment calibration system.
* Ensure quarantine control of non-conforming items during subsequent material review to ensure conformance standards are maintained.
* Take the lead from the PQE (Project Quality Engineer) and carry out or assist with intermediate and final inspection visits prior to supplier material despatch.
* Liaise with PQE to become conversant with the items requiring inspection or testing.
* Generate Surveillance and Final Release reports.
* Represent inspection during visits
* Report to PQE the state of their individual interests.
Other Duties/Tasks include (but not limited to)
* Undertake QMS audits when required
* Undertake product audits and patrol inspections
* Undertake measurement tooling audits
* Assist in closeout of NCR's
Careers in the nuclear sector offer you the chance to work on challenging, interesting and diverse projects. And with the sector experiencing a period of growth both nationally and internationally, with a particular emphasis on the UK market, our client relies on a continuous flow of talent coming into their organisation.
With primary locations in the UK and Genoa, as well as representative offices in France, Romania, Slovakia and Argentina, career opportunities also have a global reach
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.