Mechanical Commissioning Engineer
The key purpose of the role is to oversee the commissioning and testing for our design & build projects throughout the UK working within our Specialist Services team.
The successful candidate will be required to work on a broad variety of major projects, across the Data Centre & Critical Infrastructure sectors reporting to the Specialist Services Manager and the associated Project management team.
Pre-dominantly mechanical biased, the candidate will need electrical system understanding to assist with the commissioning and testing of the equipment as a fully comprehensive integrated system.
A good working knowledge of controls systems such as Building Management Systems, Chiller Sequencing, alongside fault finding and analytical problem-solving skills to assist with the commissioning and testing process is essential.
From time to time the candidate will be required to travel overseas.
Knowledge of standard maintenance regimes.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review of incoming contract documentation and the production/development of a planned methodology and a clear strategy (programme / commissioning plan) to commission and test the awarded project.
- To conduct “commission-ability reviews” of the system being installed and to advise the Specialist Services Manager, Design Manager(s) and Project Manager(s) on any foreseeable issues with scope and design strategy allowing incorporation to final design.
- When required to assist with the preparation of enquiries/designs with the bid time, offering guidance on required commissioning requirements.
- The preparation of detailed quotations via the supply chain to satisfy the Employers Requirements (ERs) and ensuring orders to the supply chain as necessary to facilitate the commissioning of the systems.
- Attendance and witnessing on behalf of the company at Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), ensuring FAT tests are conducted and validated in compliance with the ERs and the sites requirements and to act as approval authority of such testing alongside the Design Manager.
- Organisation of the commissioning and testing to suit the project programme.
- Management of the commissioning being undertaken upon the site, and day to day organisation, liaison with the respective supply and sub-contract chain.
- To review, develop, create and conduct the necessary commissioning documentation, including Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) and Integrated System Testing (IST) scripts in line with the projects requirements to deliver a fully integrated and operational project to the end user.
- Review, approve and where necessary create method statements and risk assessments in conjunction with the projects varying needs and requirements to fully commission and test the installation.
- Will have a working knowledge of BSRIA, UTI, ASHRAE and CIBSE methods and requirements.
- Presentation and explanation skills to communicate methodology and strategy to Senior Management and Directors, including clients and sub-contractors.
- Assist with or lead Lessons Learnt and provide continuous improvement to the database.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Technical Account Managers and Technical Designers to ensure project delivery in line with client requirements.
- Ensuring all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures.
- Follow all company standards with regards to commissioning practices & procedures etc.
- As required represent the Company in meetings.
- Attend internal project meetings
- Working knowledge of the Data Centre and Critical Infrastructures cooling systems, mediums and methods.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience of commissioning Data Centre systems.
- Experience of industrial site working, and experience with working away from home for long periods at a time.
- Highly numerate and capable in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and other commissioning tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrable capability to think independently in the use of systems, challenging NORMs and adopting best practice in commissioning.
- Demonstrable knowledge in the continuous improvement of commissioning methodologies and the positives and negatives of differing approaches.
- Qualified mechanical engineer or suitable numerate qualification, minimum HNC level.
- Commissioning Specialist Association membership is preferred.
- Current Construction Skills certified member.
- Full driving licence.
A competitive package is on offer commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate as well as professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Location: Oldham – With national travel
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.
Please click on our company logo at the top of the page for more information about Tozer Associates and to see examples of the unique relationships we have with both our candidates and our clients.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82260154